Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Day 2 of my self imposed early wake-ups.  It was much harder to get out of bed this morning.

*Sigh*
I wasn't a very nice person yesterday.  I was caught between a bear that was woken up before hibernation was over and a child who didn't get what they wanted at the store.  My friends joked with me... I was a 6 hour (of sleep) Rho vs. the 8 hour (of sleep) Rho.

The problem is....(Trust me. It's silly.  Which makes it even more FRUSTRATING)
My classroom isn't up to par like everyone else's is.  When I say up to par, I mean.... my room doesn't have the laminated signs or themed outcome.
My room is clean and organized.  Just no cute signs, slight "home-like" touches, or super cool reminders as to why my class is the place to be for learning.
Sadly... I am comparing myself to others.  THEN while I was looking up some stuff at school one of my co-teachers was explaining ALL that she was doing this year (because she taught the subject as her internship AT my school WITH the teacher who is organizing the WHOLE program) and I felt inadequate.  
I HATE that!
I know that I am good at teaching.  I'm not comfortable with the subject area because it's new to me.  I've never kept up with Government or Politics.
Sooo all of that to say this:
I was behaving like a spoiled brat and my Hubby caught the most of it.  Especially 'cause he used my-not-so-very-favorite-phrase "It's not in the budget"  one too many times. 
AND... 
I woke up with a slightly different look on things.  It's not my room that my students need.  It's me.  I've spent a fair amount of time working on me this summer instead of catchy phrases and cool decorations.  I can honestly say that Psalm 139 has been my study.  The Lord is continuously working on me about being "fearfully and wonderfully made".  Regardless of my weight, my offerings, or my classroom.

My request is this.... keep me in your prayers this school year.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

2 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I cheered OUT LOUD when I read, "It's not my room that my students need. It's me."

Go Rho! Go Rho! Go! Go! Go Rho!

Joanna said...

My friend was up from Texas and she's a school teacher. She said for her SHE has to be ready NOT the classroom. Things will get ripped or destroyed but it's her keeping her focus on what needs to be done. How true.