Monday, July 14, 2008

Frustrations Abound!

...I tried to do something really proactive.... Unfortunately... I'm a day late and now $1.75 short.


Fuschia and I were talking about her ability to save huge amounts of dollars on grocery day.  I was explaining to her that I needed visual notes and examples to which we unofficially decided a field trip on a predetermined grocery day was in order.  Mind you we didn't discuss which day nor will we until - say- the day before 'cause that's how I think.  Anyways....

So yesterday, I receive a call from Fuschia explaining she's on her way to get the paper.  I think... Smart idea!!...and mentioned what a great idea it was to Hubby and how I thought I should do that too...  Fast Forward to today.  In my brain, because I know this has happened in the past, I know that my local Mart always has extra Sunday papers available on Mondays.  So, after dropping Flash and Monster off at baseball camp (yes, I have another extra child this week.)  Buggy and I head to the Mart for a paper and a broom.  (It's rather wise not to ask why I'm purchasing a broom..it involves children, a trampoline, and more frustrations)  I walk ALL over the Mart with a shopping cart with bad alignment looking for the stink'n paper... NOTHING... EXCEPT today's! 

 So, I go to plan "B"  

I stop at one of the vending machine thingys that sit in a parking lot with 73 other newspapers.  I place my $1.25 in, pull the lever, and get a locked door and .25 cents back.  So, I proceed to place the 3 remaining quarters I have in my hand in the vending machine thingy, pull the lever, and have .50 cents returned.  Gradually, after running through all of my quarters, I figured out that I was going to break the window soon and the cost to fix the window and a possible ticket or arrest far out weighs the cost of a paper and possible coupon savings.  So needless to say, I'm paperless and couponless.  

My guess is that I'll continue to stop at random places today as I remember to in search of the Sunday paper... on Monday.  

1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

*sniffle sniffle* I so sorry you had a bad day!