Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hip! Hip!

Hoooooray!!!


Today is a visit to the Hair Goddess.  All things wonderful will happen regardless if the sun is shining or not.  A visit to the Hair Goddess is like NEW free comfortable cute shoes.  I CAN'T WAIT!  Buggy is getting a trim too!  She's only staying for the haircut and then Mimi will whisk them both away so that I can have 3.5 hours of child free time.  Monster begged Mimi to get there early to rescue him because I told him that it was a Fancy Nancy kind of place and if he embarrassed me I would remove his toenails one by one.
.....Ahhhh...... Just me, the Goddess, and a salon atmosphere.  I know some are freaking out about the 3.5 hours of hair.  The Goddess and I stretch it out as long as we possible can with out interrupting her opportunity to make additional money.  No to mention it's a guaranteed amount of time that I can  be an adult.

Why do I call her THE Hair Goddess?!?!   
Because she makes wonderful things happen to my coarse, thick hair.  She changes the color each visit and expertly hides the "stress blonde"(Ahhem. GREY) that I earn sacrificially in mass amounts.  Not to mention, I never tell her what to do, and she makes it perfect EVERY TIME!!!  Surely, only a Goddess can read MY mind and understand the hills, valleys, and plain 'ole blank spots to interpret a stylish, non-mommy-like, hair do!  I only give her guidelines.  For instance-  Shorter-makes me lose 5 pounds- and a little less red.  OR  I think I might like it a little longer but not so it makes my face look long.  I've never said like So- and-So or cut here-here-and-ummm-here.  So she's the Goddess. 

**Change of Subject**  Still cheering though.

Last night was WONDERFUL!
I got to put a 1,000 piece puzzle together By. My. Self!  While that may confuse some that I can sit for 7 hours and focus on little things like that... It was very rewarding.  NOT TO MENTION I CAN SIT FOR 7 HOURS AND FOCUS!!!! Plus, the purpose of the puzzle was for my classroom.  Hubby took the kiddos to VBS so that I could have some time alone and focus.  So it was me, Michael Buble and THIS puzzle.       
Today I'm working on license plates and signs for my room before I visit the Goddess so that I can laminate them AFTER I visit the Goddess.  
Then all I have to do is hang the license plates and signs, sew the fabric skirt for a desk and glue my puzzle together and I'll be finished with the decorating part of my room. Mind you I can't put anything IN my room because I can't return until pre-planning week due to some training that I'll be doing.  That being said.  I'll get to the school early enough and get that done pretty quickly.  (I hope)

Okay off to make license plates!

2 creams and sugars:

Alicia Hall said...

Love the puzzle. Your room will look amazing. You're so creative it makes me sick. I didn't get the crafty gene. My room will look nice just not spiffy and creative. Or at least I hope it will look nice -- I haven't even started on it yet. Hope you look like a goddess after your visit to THE goddess:)

Joanna said...

Ye-haw for time alone with the hair goddess. May all follicles be made happy.