Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All because of a cute purse.

That's the story I'm sticking to.


I bought the cute purse for a whopping $6.00 on Saturday.  It was one of those too good to be true purchases that I just had to have.  I'm starting to think that the Evil one was involved in this entire scenerio of hurts and pains.

Monday while shopping with JoJo I adjusted the purse with my left arm and turned my neck at the same time.  That's when I pulled it or pinched whatever I pinched.  Throughout Monday night my shoulder and neck area had this annoying sense of pain.  Like an upcoming headache that you know will knock you on your behind.

Yesterday morning, as I got up to get the Boys off to Baseball, I couldn't move.  So much that Hubby had to take the day off.  My entire left arm was numb and I had a severe pain that went down my neck and across my shoulder blade.  I called the Dr's office around 8:30.  When I called again at 12:30 they had not "had the opportunity" to read my notes as of yet.  Which in Rho language means - fat chance at getting an appointment. 

So, as I talked to the operator I asked if I could go to option #2 known as urgent care.  I'm a girl that went through labor with no epideral and I was HURTING.  I wanted a doctor THEN.  So, I call Urgent Care and amazingly I have an appointment in 30 minutes.  I  get to the office by way of being chauffered by Hubby who was trying to explain that a shot wasn't all that bad and that I needed to suck it up because I was an adult.   My response... he is not a successful cheerleader in fact- he was quite rotten at the job.  Then a small voice from the back seat replys  "but, Daddy... you have a GREAT toe touch!"  Which caused me to laugh, which caused me to hurt, which made me more cranky.

At the office, I was called into the back within 5 minutes sat for about 10 and saw a dr that agreed that I needed lots of rest and relaxation.  (Rho's version and leaving out the physician mumbo-jumbo.) Get a shot that fraidy cat me, didn't scream at (an answer to prayer) and then we went home and I was sleep walking until about 5:30.
We ended up going out to dinner with the in-laws (I didn't put make-up on or fix my hair... that's how bad I was feeling).  I ordered blueberry blintzes.  The lady forgot to put MY order in - HELLO?!?! and then they didn't sit right with me.  I got home took my medis and then promptly put myself back on the couch to watch Hubby play Guitar Hero until about 9:00 - I was up and down enough between being nauseous and other things that I decided to crawl into bed and hopefully fall into a deep sleep that would make Sleeping Beauty look like an amateur.  Much to my surprise that didn't happen.  

Around 11:30 -1:00AM  I was up and down due to my stomach.  at 1:30 I went into full shivers and could not get warm until about 3:00.  I'm not even putting in the pain that my shoulder was giving me because the triple whammy wasn't at all fair.    So four blankets, a body pillow, and an arm pillow later, I was finally somewhat comfortable and passed out until about 10:00 this morning.  

So here I sit rather lopsided as I type mostly with my right  hand because I don't  want to over use my left.  I'm off to crawl back on the couch. 


1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I say go back to bed and pretend this whole nasty business never happened!!