Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Driving Home

I had the glorious privilege of driving home. alone. with my youngest in the car. Alone.

While some may think that this is a great time to bond with said child.  I found it a reflection of myself. 
 Which for my friends is this..... Am I Really THIS Random!?!?!

Here are bits of the conversation.

Buggy:  Mommy, When are we going to Starbucks?
Me:  Not tonight.
Buggy: 'cause I love coffee.  One time at school.  I left my chocolate milk alone for a really long time and then I drank it and (her hand to her heart.  eyes as wide as the can be. southern accent in a 7 year old voice) it tasted Just. Like. Coffee.(higher pitch) - LOVE it! 
Me:  Really?
Buggy: Yes (In the Are you kidding me voice?)
Me:  I would think it would taste like hot milk.  Eeeew.
Buggy:  You should try it some time.  You'll love it.  Just. Like. Coffee.
Me:  I don't think so.
Buggy:  Is tomorrow good?
Me: For what?
Buggy:  Starbucks.
Me:  NO you have HSM camp.
Buggy: tomorrow night?
Me:  No, you're spending the night at Mimi's.
Buggy: Friday night?
Me:  That's too far away.
Buggy:  (singing)  Jump In,  Jump Out!
Turn yourself around!
Jump In, Jump Out!
Introduce yourself.

My name is Buggy (Yeah)
I tell no lies (Yeah)
I'm gonna be a star (Yeah)
'Til the day I die (Oh, Yeah)

And when I die. (Yeah)
Please bury me deep. (Yeah)
And put my tiara (Yeah)
Up on my feet (Oh, Yeah)
Then we went through her name 3 more times, Karen, Shelby, Sue, Susan, Papa Johns, and any other establishment.
Buggy:  Mommy?
Me:  Yes?
Buggy:  When can I go swimming?
Me: I dunno.
Buggy:  'cause I really  like to put my face under water.
Me: I see
Buggy:  Mommy?
Me:  Yes?
Buggy:  Can garage doors kill you?
Me:  I don't (pause) think so.
Buggy:  Oh.   But, then I can go to heaven.
Buggy:  Mommy?
Me:  *sigh* Yes?
Buggy:  When will I go to heaven?
Me: (thinking to myself -don't let this bother you....) When God calls you to heaven.
Buggy: No... when I DIE!
Me:  That's when God calls you to heaven.
Buggy:  No, you die, God wakes you up and then you are in heaven.
Me: Sounds good.
Buggy:  Can you die in heaven?
Me:  No, only on earth.
Buggy:  I like to call him Bells.
Me:  Call who Bells?
Buggy:  You know like you ring?
Me: WHHAT?
Buggy:  (riiiiiiiiing) like that.  The one's you ring?
Me:  I got the bells part.  Who are you calling Bells?
Buggy:  The bad guy God.
Me:  The who?
Buggy:  The bad guy God.  You know the God over where the bad guys go.
Me:  (Light bulb ON!)Oh.
Buggy:  They live in bad guy heaven, you know.
Me:  That they do.
Buggy:  I'm not going there.
Me:  You're right.
Buggy:  Are you going to lock the doors?
Me:  (confused. again.) To what?
Buggy: To the car (Duh?!?!)
Me:  I can.
Buggy:  I hope the windows don't break.
Me:  I don't think they will. (pulling into driveway)
Buggy:  Don't forget.
Me:  I won't.


4 creams and sugars:

Anonymous said...

Best. Conversation. EVER!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Lord, I love that kid! And her mama, too!

Alicia Hall said...

HYSTERICAL! And yes, you must be the random one because we know that hubby of yours is way to organized to think of anything random. Love ya Michael :)

Joanna said...

God giving me a mini-me version in boy form is His way of showing His weird sense of humor.
Maybe it's the age and she'll grow out of it. Yeah, yeah, that's it. :)