Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday.

I can only weigh in once a week. Notice, I didn't say get on the scale. I said weigh in... which to me means post results. Since Wednesday is the only weekday that starts with "w". I've decided that this is the day I'll change the ticker on the side. Sooooo...today is the day. I'm posting my 1 pound loss.. Yesterday it was 1.5 but I fixed a cookie cake and blew the 1/2 pound away. (What can I say? I wanted to bake!) My Zumba has 4-6 days left to get here. During the waiting time, I decided to eat a little more healthier. (That means add veggies in the House of Rho) Last night was yellow squash and zucchini two of my most favorite summer veggies. I even have leftovers for lunch today!! I had a salad yesterday with my lunch AND I ate veggies on Monday too!!! (It was two days ago.. you know I can't remember that far.)


Oh! and I set a NEW goal within my weight goal. I want to lose 10 pounds before heading to my missions trip. The ideal 10 would be in my thigh area but, at this point on a 5ft 3 inch body, I'll take it wherever it feels to disappear. This is more for a comfort factor because the idea of me being 20lbs over a good weight in heat and jungle seems less and less fun. So, I got 24 days (see Ecuador counter to right) to lose 10, I mean,9 pounds.

On to the baking story..... Both of my children are summer babies. Why I couldn't learn through the first pregnancy that carrying through the HEAT of the summer is BAD is beyond me... but, I'm a firm believer I don't think clearly while with child. (One day I'll post about the roller coaster of those events!)

Anyways... Today is the day the class is celebrating Buggy's birthday. (Monster's was last week) Buggy decided she wanted brownies. In her mind this meant the fudgy, chocolatey, frosting heavy type that you find in the Publix bakery. In my mind, it meant, a 68 cent box of Betty Crocker mix that I add water, oil, and an egg to make the best possible imitation of the bakery kind. Throw in a can of whipped frosting and all is good. So, I get home call hubby for a pick-up order of box o brownie and frosting, get news that we are watching a friend of our's children, (No worries) and begin to strategize dinner plans. (I say strategize because of the the new addition of veggies and the pickiness of my children)

I start dinner - call Hubby for additional ingredients (he's still at the store) and decide that I'll straighten the house. Hubby's home. Finish starting dinner... Go to mix box-o-brownies and find out that I used the last egg on Saturday when I was doing my best Rachael Ray impression for breakfast with my parents, sister, and niece.
Okay... ask Hubby to borrow egg from neighbor, which he politely declines and goes back to the store for eggs. (This would've been my 2nd clue that this wouldn't work out right. The first being no brownie mix)

Okay... Eggs are here. Mix box-o-brownie -fudgy style as I'm trying to get as close as possible to Buggy's request. Place in PC bar pan for 18-20 minutes in the oven, promptly pull out only to notice that the edges are not pulled away and place back into the oven (3rd clue). Pull out what I think is fudgy brownies to cool for however many minutes I think is necessary or until I feel like frosting them.

Fix Cookie cake for kiddos and friends kiddos to eat after dinner that has won hearts and stomachs in the House of Rho (I might be stretching that a little bit...but, it was pretty good)

...........Fast forward to frosting and cutting of box-o-brownie.........
They are Rock Solid. So Rock Solid, I cut my finger trying to cut them. Yeah. THAT Bad. I get one out of the pan. They are crunch chocolate cookies that look amazing close to bakery style brownies. Hubby starts to giggle. I'm upset 'cause I've ruined Buggy's birthday snack that she requested for school.

.... So.... I send Hubby out for Publix Bakery Style brownies at Wal-mart. (Clue #4 or whatever number I'm on) which, oddly enough they don't have any? So, I'm now in bed with my bible ready for sleep and Hubby is on the phone explaining this to me.
....So.... I have the bright idea of sending him to Albertsons and as a faithful Hubby and father who doesn't like either one of his girls disappointed... he's off.
Yet... I receive another phone call... Still no brownies. But, they have a cake and we'll have to deal with it.
....So.... I'm sad as I drift off to Dreamdom. I've effectively ruined the one request my youngest child and only princess asked for.

I had NO idea that the particular brownies came from Publix UNTIL Hubby came back from purchasing the cake and read the box that was leftover from our Pool Day on Monday.

Soooo....... to sum up this bout of chaos brought to you directly from the House of Rho...

prices are estimated

..Box o Brownie - 68 cents
..Can o Frosting - $1.00
..Chocolate Cake - $20.00
..Gas for multiple trips - $35.00 (kidding - but that's what it feels like)
..Final Stop at Publix - $12.00

Smiling Princess Buggy...... Priceless!!!

0 creams and sugars: