Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Closed Toed Flats

....are not my favorite!


I'm a flip-flop/sandal kind of girl.  I didn't used to be.  In my prior life (all 4 years ago), I wore expensive closed toed shoes and suits and skirts.  I couldn't figure out how to pull off control top panty hose and sandals so there were maybe A pair in the closet for random trips to the beach and we're talking RANDOM trips.  I never had time for that either.

In my new life -  You know the one where I figured out where my priorities were and used my free will (after much tugging in the right direction) - I find that closed toed shoes kill me!!!  EX -SPECIALLY during the summer!...and yet, today I'm wearing them.  It's not that I'm feeling nostalgic for the life I once had.  It's that I haven't found the right color brown sandals yet and sadly, my Reefs are only Friday shoes for school.  The good news is that they are FLATS-and CUTE.  (Like- I have an un-cute pair of shoes in MY closet- PUH-LEASE)  

So why am I using all of my time to explain this?!?!!?!?!

'Cause for whatever reason, my feet hurt.  It's probably because of the fact that they're stuck in a pair of closed-toed-flats for the day.  Which then reminds me of where I was and how far I've come.  And that's okay with me.  Wanna know why?!?  I learned from it and the pain that starts out in the morning will be completely gone once I start doing what I'm supposed to and what I love to do.  --AND-- weirdly enough, I'll completely forget about how much they hurt -----until I put the closed toed shoes on again and need a reminder about why I don't like wearing them anymore.  

There's a lesson in here, it's carefully hidden.  Can you find it?

1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Kinda reminds me of childbirth...