Friday, December 26, 2008

Life is back to normal...

I hope that everyone had a beautiful and wonderful Christmas.
We have spent the last two nights at my in-law's house. I have enjoyed hanging out here but, will LOVE sleeping in my own bed tonight.

We had a wonderful moment before the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve as hubby read the REAL Christmas Story to all of us while piled on Mimi's king sized bed. There as a family we talked about Christmas's meaning and why in the next morning, it doesn't matter what kind of presents are underneath the tree. The kiddo had the hearts in the right place and Buggy was reciting the musical again. Such a sweet moment.
As we tucked everyone in Bumpa (Father-in-Law) was with the kiddos as they were discussing how early was early. Bumpa said around 7:30 is good. I silently snickered as that was hysterical and an outrageous request!! Pshaw... asking kiddos to wait until "morning" over the crack of dawn. Could you imagine?!!?
...enter Christmas morning...
Silence was all around as I walked out at 6:45 to feed the dog and start coffee. Interesting I thought... as I opened the kiddos door only to find them still sleeping.
I had to grind the coffee beans.. Figuring that would definately start something.... and I hear nothing! Finally after the 2nd round with the grinder... I hear a stressed whisper....

Monster "Buggy!!! Get up it's TIME!!!! C'mon!!!"
This coming from the boy that's stuck between believing and not believing in the man in the red suit.
As two very sleepy children come out and look under the tree...Buggy turns to me and says....."I'm still tired. I'm going back to bed"
Me "But, your presents?!"
Buggy "Just a little bit longer..."
..and she proceeds to tuck herself back into bed and drifts into sugar plums, again.
Monster looks at me with amazement.
Me "Go wake up Daddy and everyone else"
...and I go back to making sure that the coffee is finished and working on getting the breakfast "snack" ready.
Hubby walks in and asks... "Where's Buggy?"
Me "She went back to sleep... she's still tired"
Hubby (smiling) "I'll get her."

Once everyone was up we proceeded to have the mass chaos of presents and paper.
I hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday.

I had hoped to get up and cover the after Christmas sales today... *sigh* No one jumped at the opportunity to accompany me. So, I'm here.. waiting patiently for my crew to wake up. We'll load up the cars and return home today. Thankfully... it's only a 15 minute drive...

Enjoy your weekend!!

1 creams and sugars:

Fuschia said...

SO glad your day was nice! Also glad you get to be at home. Even MORE glad I get to see you tomorrrow!!