Monday, December 1, 2008

25 questions about Christmas.

Fuschia "requested" that people participate. I LOVE (insert sarcasm) these!! But, this one... well this one is my favorite holiday and soooo... I MUST participate. That and she's a dear, dear friend so, I don't want her not to have someone do this.

On to the meme:
1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, with smarshmellows, PLEASE! But the occasional 1 glass (unleaded please) of egg nog makes my season.

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? A little bit of both. I'm the primo wrapper in the household so, it depends on when I run out of tape! :0)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Me?!? White lights. on the House. on the Tree. Just. Plain. Period. I think it has something to do with the fact that I had nuff'n but colored lights growing up.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No... But, I love the tradition (only with HUBBY!)

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I start the Christmas music the day after.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ummm. Not a clue. I just like to eat. Period.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Having Dean Martin's Rudolph being played on the reel to reel and waiting at the top of the stairs for my daddy to let us know that Santa came.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Wha..?!?What truth?! If you don't believe.. You don't receive.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yup. Pj's only. It's so we look glamorous on Christmas morning with our bed heads.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It started out a victorian themed tree that morphed into a country Christmas theme that now has a little bit of this and that with ornaments that range from my childhood and ones that my children have made. It's a tree that beats all trees... in my opinion.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to look at it. I can spend a max of 4 days in it. Then... Dread it.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope. but, I fall REALLY good!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Childhood - My Cabbage Patch kid that received a present under the tree before we knew who it belonged to. I was seriously torn up over the fact that Santa left the wrong present at my house. I found her on the washing machine after while doing my chores. Grown Up- The first Christmas in my current house. It was also our first Christmas married. Hubby gave me this gorgeous winter white suit (size single digit) from Petite Sophisticate - and it fit...perfectly.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Sharing the true love of the holiday and it's meaning with my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Daddy's homemade toffee... Yes. I can make it but, Daddy's is always BETTER!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching my children wish Baby Jesus a Happy Birthday before they open presents. It was one of those "wonderful mistakes" that both of my children knelt in front of the Christmas tree for presents and then we mentioned why we were celebrating Christmas. At the exact same time the bowed their heads to wish Jesus a Happy Birthday. It's been an ongoing picture moment and tradition since then.

17. What tops your tree? A new fiber optic angel. My old one (12 years old this year) died a death of smushing. We'll see how this new one works out.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both. It's always a good thing to get presents... but, the smile of a friend or child when you give them a gift will make your day.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of them. If I had to narrow it down... It would be.... Nat King Cole's The Christmas song and Barbara Streisand's The Best Gift.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yummy!!!! Except when you're cleaning them off the car seat in March.

21. What do you want for Christmas? Whirled Peas.... Sorry.. Had to do it!! If I had to be materialistic... I'd love the entire Vera Bradley travel set in Java Blue along with accesories, wallets, purses,etc. But, seriously.... the smile on my children's face when they truly get the meaning.... that'll do it just fine.thankyouverymuch.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? Nope. Unless you call the family Christmas's a party. Which in my family's case.... Yeah. I guess I do.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? Pj's from Christmas eve in the morning until we have to go to Mimi's for lunch. Then it's comfy clothes.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Somewheres. You can't hand out gifts unless you have the hat on.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Weekend before Christmas... My parents. Christmas morning... my house. Christmas Night...Hubby's parents.

?

2 creams and sugars:

Fuschia said...

Thank you soooo much for playing along!
I love your answers...you get bonus points for staying with it long enough to do ALL 25!!

Fuschia said...

OOOOOooooooo sooooo pretty!!!