Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bonus Cookie Recipe

I'm the oldest daughter of many that my parents have - 2 of which are biological. I'm also the "chef" and premier recipe holder for those who were stuck in Shoppingdom for ANY amount of time.

All of that to say.... Here's a bonus recipe that Jojo needs... so, I figured I share with all!!

1 pkg of cream cheese (Philadelphia is the bestest!)
1 cup of powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 325. Beat cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour.

These are AWESOME cookie cutter cookies and super soft. The key is to make sure that the dough doesn't get too warm and use flour while you are rolling them out. I normally separate into two and switch between them as I make the batches. If batter is too warm.. stick it back in the fridge.
The only place that I have deviated from the recipe is that I'm a little heavy handed on the vanilla.

Go to Fuschia's for more fun recipes and hints!!!!

3 creams and sugars:

Anonymous said...

Hurray!!!!!!

Fuschia said...

I never thought of switching b/w two balls of dough...yet another reason why you are good for me! The cookies on the other hand...notsomuch.

Joanna said...

Yummy.

Too bad we couldn't just all get together and taste test each other's cookies.