Monday, December 8, 2008

Bugisms

My Daughter as many of you know is referred to as "Bug" or "Buggy". Because of the fact she is constantly adding humor to our lives, I've decided to give her..her very own label for my posts. I'll update prior posts of her antics at a later date.. but, for today, I hope you'll enjoy two more.

#1

Yesterday we were riding to have dinner with My father-in-law's brother and sister. We were honored to have them visit our church as well as we were going to celebrate our Christmas with them. We were having THE talk about manners and proper responses regarding presents.

Me: We're going to lunch with Aunt C and Uncle D.
Buggy: OH! and WE get to see them Christmas Eve!!
Me: Not this year, they will be out of town.
Monster: Wh.What?!!? When will we get our presents??
Buggy: *Sigh* (Rolling eyes at big brother) Christmas isn't about presents. It's about Love. Love is when Jesus is born. Christmas is Jesus's Birthday and on Easter he will die on the cross for us.

Ummm.. so at this point, I'm having a near tear moment and frantically searching for my not pad to document so that I can blog appropriately. My heart and smile are so big right now I can barely hang on to my composure!! She's getting it!

Me: Buggy, How do you know this?!?!
Buggy: I just do.
Me: Tell me again. (I have a pen and paper now)
...and so she does. word. for. word.

Monster: OH!!! I KNOW where YOU got this from!!! It's the musical!!!
Buggy: I know..... (giggle)

Hubby: Not so inspiring now?!?!
Me: Oh. yeah. She totally got me!

#2
...On the way home last night... Out. Of. The. Blue. (go figure)

Buggy: Daddy, I don't want you to get Monster and I confused with each other!
Hubby: Huh?
Buggy: Well, sometimes I call you Dad.
Hubby: (look of confusion?)
Me: (giggle)
Buggy: *Sigh* Monster calls you Dad. and I call you Daddy... I don't want you to get confused between Monster and I when I call you Dad.
Me: (Struggling..giggle...giggle)
Hubby: Okay princess... but, you do know that you sound different from each other... Right?

2 creams and sugars:

Fuschia said...

That kid! I love her so!!

Mostly because she's JUST like her mama ;)

Joanna said...

Cute as a bug.