Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm home.

I'm safe in sound and back in a very chaotic House of Rho.
Ahhh... the sounds of Home! I'll be spending this weekend washing 2 weeks of clothes and stuffing my suitcases back under my bed for 2 weeks and then we start the weekend bustle again. It's hard to believe I've spent the last 2 weeks living out of a suitcase!

The service for my Popi was wonderful. We laughed and cried as a family. I've always known what a wonderful Man of God he was...but, the amount of people he touched was un-countable.
I walked away with two things that are lodged in my heart....

1. There was not a picture to be found of him by himself. They always had his wife in them. That is NOT a bad thing!! My Grandmother as she placed the picture up on the memorial said..."I couldn't find one... but, it doesn't matter.. We were always one." And truthfully, they were. They celebrated their 30th anniversary in October of this year.

2. My Grandfather left a legacy. Something that has been in my heart since the day I accepted the Lord and finally understood what it meant. He truly touched every person he came in contact with. I looked at the three rows of children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Then added the 8 grandchildren and great grandchildren that weren't able to be there. All of which had at least one characteristic of my Popi. His personality, his smile, or his love for the Lord... We were all there and willing to pass that legacy on.

0 creams and sugars: