Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday - Part 2

2nd Wednesday in the quest for a new wardrobe.


I'm sad to say that I won't be changing my ticker.  I haven't lost any pounds this week.  I am a little sad about this but, I'm not discouraged.  A couple of things have changed this week.

1.  I started Zumba-ing.  
Adding exercise into the mix normally has you go up in weight the first week.  (At least this is what "the Watchers" told me 5 years ago when I decided to stop paying for the meetings.)  Something about water retention and muscle mass and shocking the daylights out of your body. 
2.  Speaking of water retention.
Need I say more?
3.  I just changed out all of the quick snacks for healthier choices.
Granted the healthier ones are still next to the hidden double stuffed oreos and M & M's but, I'm opting more for the healthier ones.  But, I'm on day 2 of that.  Remember last weigh in I was working on adding veggies in.  Now I have a large selection of fruits, veggies, and as my buddy Fuschia says "Delicious Shakes"  to help curb the huge appetite!  Which on a side note....  I'm amazingly hungrier after I zumba!  So I down  water like it's going out of style but still... We're talking STARVING!  Yesterday I had a couple of carrots to calm that down.

I'm still in love with my Zumba.  I decided to measure myself this morning.  There probably are some small discrepancies on the plus or minus side but, Oh! Well!  I also should've done that before the zumba craze but, Oh! Well!  (I'm in the summer attitude)  On the brighter side... things are fitting a little bit better.  So something is working.  It might be that my muscles are so tight that they seem slimmer but at this point any type of encouragement will work!

Today is my day of rest for the Zumba plan.  I soooo want to go and do a tape.  I'm going to follow the plan though.  The recommendation on the "plan" is for me to the spa or hot tub.  I'm taking the kids to Aunt D's pool.  That's close enough... Don't you think?

1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Proud of you for the Zumba...you go girl!!