Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just because...

I totally didn't think this post went together with weight-loss and creatively couldn't put the two together so you get two posts today!!!!


We've been scouring this city for 2.5 weeks for a Mario Kart game for our Wii.  My mother was sweet enough to volunteer to purchase the game IF we found it.  Needless to say, we fell on it yesterday as we walked into one of the gaming shops out of the pure fun of trying to locate it (it's become a game in itself for Hubby and I) and found the very last copy of the 4 that came in that day.  We also found out that at this particular shop-- you can reserve newly coming out games like Rockstar and Guitar Hero (for Wii) with a small deposit that goes completely towards the game no extra fee included and they HOLD your game for you on the day they are released.  So you aren't in the super long lines of waiting and hoping or scouring the town for 2.5 weeks looking for it.

Before anyone freaks out or lectures me on outside play versus video games.

 The Wii is OUR family time.  We laugh, giggle, and SPEND TIME TOGETHER while playing it.  Both of my children are extremely active outside and inside.  I'm also finding that there are some HUGE learning moments on sharing, sportsmanship, and overall attitude.  We are a technology based family.  Both of my children thrive in learning through technology.  I'm not making excuses or justifying the fact that we own the Wii.  I'm simply explaining to those who are against it that this is what works for my family time.

So as we are playing this last night and laughing uncontrollably at the lack of driving skills we all have in my family.  I was mentally jotting down some quotes from my children.

6 year old,  Buggy
 "Oh, No, you di-ent"
"Peach!! What are you doing?!?!?!"  (She's driving... Peach)

9 year old, Monster
"Wh..What??!?!  You can't just bump me!"
"I'm in 3rd! I'm in 3rd! Daaaaaad!!! NO FAIR!!!!!"

Hubby
"How can someone hit me?!?!  There's NO ONE behind me!!"
"Where's the oil coming from??"
"What on earth?!  I was in 3rd!  Monster how'd you put me in 10th?"

Rho
"Why do I keep falling off?"
"I can't see!!  What's the deal?!?!"

We're off to the pool!!! Have a wonderful day!

 


1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Oh, sure, you get to go to the pool while I'm in the back yard trying to get some sun, getting sprayed by rogue kids with a garden hose!!! But I'm not bitter.