Thursday, September 11, 2008

Margins. Funny. Remembering.

Last night Hubby and I started a group on Margins.

Actually, Hubby is the one that was teaching it.  I was medicine headed and trying to focus.  This is a GOOD ONE!!!  It's Andy Stanley and I can't remember the real name but, Lordy, Lordy! - Did it speak to yours truly.

It covered ALL of the "stuff" I've been dredging through.  Limits, Saying No, Why we don't say No.  Needing the space and then our discussion was over WHAT can we do about it!  I still had a thought in my mind that I should've stayed at home and in bed but, I got so much out of it that they kinda cancelled each other out!!

I don't have my notes in front of me at the moment but... I remember the verse.  
Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.  Job 14:5

So in Rho language and interpretation......  
Girlfriend, It doesn't matter how much you do, God is still only giving you a certain amount of days.  So get over it, and know that he won't let you out-work yourself.  He made sure of that and keeps you in check by giving you itty bitty colds that knock you on your rear while you are still trying to experience "life"!

Fuschia - I need a self check here... am I in the right context?!?!  If not shoot me an e-mail and set me straight.  mKay?!

************New Subject**************

I one upped my uncoolness from Monday, yesterday.   I wore GIANT hoop earrings... .Only to find out in my "D" Period - 5/6 hours of school... that I was wearing one of them.  You got it.  I spent 5/6 hours of school with 1 earring in and "lecturing" in front of the class.  Thankfully, someone told me.. (none of my peers noticed either)  I, then, remembered taking the said earring off to talk to a parent on the phone at 8:15 that morning.  Yet another reason why my students think I'm crazy!

******Last Subject******

A day to remember.... 

Today is September 11th.  A day that will be forever in my head.  I sat and cried as I watched things happen across our nation that I couldn't fix.  My heart still goes out to the families and friends that were hurt during this event.  

I. will.  NEVER. forget.

A Special Prayer out to all of the mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, children, brothers, sisters, and friends that were affected during this sad day in History.

 

2 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Um. Well, I don't believe God gives you itty bitty colds to knock you on your rear, but while you're there I'm sure He'd love to spend some time with you!!
From that verse I get that man has a limited time on this earth...now what else that's talking about, the whole chapter is basically Job complaining about his plight, so I'm not sure it's something I'd want to base my life on ;)
I think where you're headed is on track, I'm just not sure that verse is a good supporting one. Besides, it's never what the preacher says that is important; it is what the Holy Spirit says to you ABOUT what the preacher says that counts!!! (From a preacher:)
You asked :-{ I hope it helps!

RhoDelta said...

It TOTALLY helps!! That's why I got you!