Monday, September 8, 2008

Brown Socks, Black Shoes

...this should've been my first clue about today.

Apparently getting dressed in a dimly lit room isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Especially when you need to be fashionable at all times in front of the Middle Schoolers.  It's not cool if you don't match and or look too old - trust me - the coolness factor is important for making them learn.  Sadly, I didn't notice the mistake until AFTER I had been at school for about an hour.

I have no voice.  Do you know how hard it is to teach/talk without a voice?

I ran to and from the computer lab that's 1/2  way across the school for all 6 classes today due to a survey that I HAD to give my students.

I was chewed out on the phone while I was teaching by a fellow teacher/department head.  The short version being we weren't doing things the way she wanted them done.

My NEW black shoes hurt my feet.  Thankfully, there was light in that one because for whatever reason,  I had my ballet flats in my bag.  (that's a God thing... I'm sure of it!)  'Course you could see my brown socks even more but, comfort was over fashion by that time of the day.

The HIGHLIGHT of my day!?!?!? 

 A parent called me organized!  Yes.... ME - Organized!!!  Yet another God thing I'm sure!!!  

I'm avoiding the emotional and physical turmoil I'm still in over busy-ness.  God and I are having hourly conference calls and we're working on it.  

Off to JOY Fellowship.  At least an hour of "girl" time.

2 creams and sugars:

Joanna said...

Hope you have some good girl time. May tomorrow be better!

Profesora de español said...

I'm going to 2-up you for a minute so that you don't feel so bad about today. 1) I once made it to the entrance of the building and realized I had on one black shoe and one brown shoe! (Thankfully my bf, who had just dropped me off, wasn't far away, and wasn't worried about being late for work.) 2) Having no voice while teaching sucks, but try having no voice AND your writing arm in a sling! Last year was a tough year. lol