Monday, September 15, 2008

Swagger

Note to reader:  As I began typing, I had the idea of what swagger meant to me.  A walk with confidence the knowledge of your path.  Then I looked up the definition and it meant something somewhat different.  So please use my definition.  It'll make more sense.

As I sat in the stands I noticed a new feature on the field.

The team had it's swagger back.  Could it be the fact that they found the need to follow tradition?  Could it be the LARGE shut-out from the week before?    Or was it the quiet voice of confidence - knowing that they could accomplish what they set out to do?

Regardless of the circumstance, they played the first part of the game with great enthusiasm...until... the other  team scored.  Then the home team was shaken in their goal.  They started to make mistakes.  Their fans?  They were back into their seats with some grumbling.

As I watched the game, I was a little shaken myself.  It's been a while since I've been in the stadium.  I was overwhelmed by the food and fans and band.  I was lost in all of my knowledge of the game and asking questions that I should've known answers too.  All I had was a word.. and it was swagger.

How many times have I associated that word with a person on a mission?  Exuding confidence and knowing their path.  How many times have I thought, they have no reason for that confidence, so it must be pride?  How many times did I watch as they walked past me on their walk and left me behind?

It was then that the Holy Spirit began to work on my heart.
Where is your swagger, Rho?  Where is your confidence in the path that you were placed on?  Just because you are shaken in your goal doesn't mean that you don't stay on your path.  Your friends may not know that you need cheerleaders because you are choosing to keep the door closed.  
It's the quiet corrections that get me.

Think about your swagger.  Know your path and follow it boldly.  

Another note to reader:  I hope this makes sense.

2 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Oh girl!
My swagger is on its way back...FULL FORCE!!
This was a great post for me! {{kiss kiss}}

Joanna said...

Makes a lot of sense!

Sadly, my swagger has not been around for a long time. Where did it go and when is it coming back??

Now you need to do a step by step post on how to get your grove back. :)