Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So many wrongs...and it's still RIGHT!

Yesterday....was....GREAT!  

It was a No Worries day, regardless that I was unprepared.
I didn't even print my rolls until the first bell rang for the day.  (That's pretty BAD!)
My Flipchart for my SmartBoard was completely messed up so I had to redo it.  I absolutely forgot the reason why I leave my house so early (TRAFFIC) and arrived later than I had planned.  I was 5 minutes late to duty.  I had 2 visits from the Principal and one visit from the AP.  

Overall though?!!  It was a wonderful day.  My students think I'm absolutely NUTS.  I saw my students from last year and they were telling the new students how cool I am and that they better behave.  (Is that threatening?)  Even my more "challenging" students found a reason to see me yesterday.  My mother-in-law was like... "I told you so... "

I must say this.... When you are doing what God asked you to do... there is a Peace.  Alicia pointed it out perfectly.  I got a good dose of it on my drive to school.  I also had the Boot to the Head experience early yesterday morning.  
So, regardless of what went wrong.  It WAS a good day.  I'd forgotten WHY I do this until I saw my students. 

Off to wake up kiddos!

1 creams and sugars:

Profesora de español said...

Yay for a great first day! I hope the rest of your year is great too!