Saturday, April 19, 2008

Night Lights

Hi.  My name is Rho.  I'm thirty-something and I need a night light


 -  ONLY when Hubby isn't in the house.  Yup.  Hubby was out 'o town last night for a Men's conference and I slept with 4 lights on in the house.  

Sadly, this is not because of fear of someone coming IN the house.  It's for fear of running into things if I can't sleep.  Which is also a side-affect of Hubby not being home.  
I spent most of this early morning trying to figure why that is the case:
I remember in the early years of our marriage how I celebrated if he wasn't home because I wouldn't have to share the bed.  It was ALL mine and I could sleep diagonally if I so wanted to - which was quite often.  Now, as his job requires him to work 8-5 (Praise-a-leujah!)  I've gotten quite used to not sleeping diagonally.  So last night, I attempted to sleep - even diagonally - and nothing.  It was too bright.  So, I'd shut lights off and it would be too dark.  (You automatically see where this is going)  The outside of my house looked like a Christmas tree with timed lights set on random.  

So here I sit.  Sleepless on Saturday.  The Saturday where I'm taking Buggy to Soccer and the in-laws are carrying the kiddos to see more in-laws and I have the day to myself to catch up on housework.  The housework that is 2 weeks behind due to my extended field trip and recovery time.  Now, I'm adding MORE recovery time into the mix with the need for a nap.  I wonder what the day will hold.  Will I follow through on the chores or select sleep?!?!  Hmmm.  Either way, I'm behind on something.  Lovin the chaos.  Needing more coffee.

0 creams and sugars: