Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beautification Day

Hi all!!!


Today is Beautification Day on campus.  Yup - for 2 hours we are asking teenagers to "beautify" the campus and classrooms.  Mind you - it's also Take Your Child to Work Day so, I'm not expecting too many helpers.  

My plan is to start from the inside and work my way outside.   As I was making mental notes on what needed to be done (desks, filing, floors, boards, ceilings, dusting, blah, blah, blah) much to my surprise, I was sidetracked. I'm still figuring out if it's because I was thinking about cleaning or the topic I was sidetracked from) 

Enter Song:

My heart and my soul
I give you control
consume me from the inside out, Lord.
Let justice and praise
become my embrace
to love you from the inside out.
From the Inside Out, Hillsong United

I struggle sometimes with acknowledging the things inside of me that need to be cleaned up.  I'm human.  I make mistakes.  Everyday we see, hear, or participate in things that make us wobble in our walks.  Before I get out of bed, I ask for strength.  Not just physical, but emotional AND spiritual.  I don't know what will be thrown at me and I certainly can't do it on my own.  Yet, while I'm asking for that strength... I forget to take the strength that is provided for me and make decisions that would make me dusty inside.  Some days are better than others, and some days I opt to bypass the dusting and end up with a bigger mess.  If I'm giving the Lord control of my life and asking him to consume me from the inside out I certainly need to be focused on him and not be dusty inside.  

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"? ~Proverbs 20:9 (NIV)

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us ~1 John 1:8 (NIV)

All of this to say...........I think sometimes, we all need a Beautification Day.
Off to get my supplies!!


0 creams and sugars: