Thursday, April 24, 2008

Heaven in a Jar

Ummm.. if admit this online then it'll still be a secret right?  

'Cause if this got out that I posted a yummy, possible high-calorie treat while trying to lose weight it might break a rule and I'll gain back the 3 pounds I'm so proud of.

It all started while I was in the Big Apple with a bunch of teenagers.  (It was a field trip)  We were in one of our many eatery stops and they had this crepe place and I had a free coupon and the rest is well... worth the 3 mm it'll put back on my lower area I'm slimming down.  I ordered a "chocolate" crepe.  Except this is ANY chocolate... it's made with Nutella.  I happened to be watching the man very closely who was making the crepe.  Just in case I truly enjoyed the snack and wanted to "duplicate" the recipe. (Yes, I cook...sometimes) Truly... the treat IS well worth the "duplication".
Sooooo... the next trip to the grocery store, my eyes were peeled.  I was using super-sonic-mommy-sight.  It was located next to the Peanut Butter (Can you say instant happiness?!?!!? Chocolate AND Peanut Butter)  So, I grabbed the jar and explained to Hubby WHY I had to have it.... it wasn't on the list.  Then I had to explain why it said... Hazelnut spread...and I'm calling it chocolate.  
....and here we go... tonight I opened the jar.  I waited an entire 4 days.  That should count for something... Wait!  Perhaps the time it sat in my pantry it was losing calories?!?! Needless to say... It's not only good with graham crackers, it's also VERY good when you take a small teaspoon, place it in a microwavable bowl or cup for 30 seconds and pour it over fresh cut strawberries.  OH!!! I used FRESH FRUIT in my snack so that makes it HEALTHY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!  Healthy chocolatey snack!! (Happy dance! happy dance! happy dance!---and that would be exercise...)

2 creams and sugars:

Anonymous said...

How is it possible that you have lived this long and are just now experiencing the awesomeness that is Nutella?? I have clearly failed you as a friend.

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I would just like to ASSURE you that the Nutella DID lose calorie content by staying in the pantry for FOUR WHOLE DAYS...as did the Oreo's I left on the shelf for three!!