Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm baaaaack!

..A day EARLY!

Only because we were on the outside of Gustav and my parents felt it would be better for us to drive before the outer bands arrived.  So, Hubby, the kiddos, and I packed up and headed home last night around 7:30ish.  Our three hour tour took close to four hours due to a detour from the interstate and one giant u-turn.  There was a pretty bad accident, I'm guessing... I haven't seen the updates yet.  We were about a mile away from the exit and ended up following 2 semis who ended up back at the original exit we left but were heading West instead of East.  After that Hubby made several hints about getting a Lola (GPS thingamabobby) for Christmas from Santa.  We ended up on the correct road and made it home safe and sound and dry.   

No rain as of yet.

It was a nice weekend.  We helped Auntie M move into her new house.  I should say.... We helped Auntie M unpack boxes and hang blinds and closet organizers.  But we laughed (mainly at me) and she needed that.

Couple of things I learned on this trip.....

1.  Pay close attention to 70 inch blinds in a parking lot.  They tend to hang out of the shopping basket.  IF you are wearing a dark ball cap to cover your non-fixed hair  it makes it more difficult to judge the actual length and you MIGHT run into an end thus causing a slight bruise on your forehead and several laughs from the people you went to the store with and other random people who are just in the parking lot.

2.  Don't chew gum around non-gum chewers.  They tend to dislike on the art of smacking and reverse bubble popping thus resulting in you being treated like a 2nd grader and being forced to spit your gum out.

3. Moving furniture no matter how heavy or light can be hysterical in a closed room setting and two sisters.  **I'm not going to even try...**

There you go... My weekend in a nutshell.  We're all safe and the kiddos are still sleeping.  I think I'm going to start (gag) laundry.

1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Missed you. Missed my NEW hometown. Missed my bed...oh, Lordy how I missed my bed!!

Glad you're home safe! **Kisses**