Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm having a moment.

Thank you TWO!  You're comments were well received!!

You know when you get in that 1/2 way slime of life and rely on your friends to pull you out and hope they volunteer to do the laundry?!  That's where I'm at right now.

I have a million bazillion things on my mind!  I don't know where to start and I certainly don't know how to finish them all.  I do have glorious Bloggy Buddies that help remind me where my priorities are.  I also have a Hubby who notices when I get about knee height in the slime and works towards pulling me out as well.  

Overall I'm overwhelmed with eyes opened as to what's not getting finished.  It happens about the 3rd week of school when we settle into our new schedules and I notice how some of my "duties" are going unfinished.  Then I take a look at the things no one else is doing and I feel I need to pick up the slack instead of holding them accountable.....it's faster if I do it anyways. (at least that's my thought process)  'Course that's why nothing's finished for me in the first place 'cause I'm too busy picking up and buckets of slime and dumping them on me.

I'm using slime today because I spent too much time watching Nickelodeon as a child.  Not to mention it creates a better picture for me as to how "messy" I'm getting while doing other people's duties.  Messy in the terms of doing MY things 1/2 way and not giving them the full attention that they should have.

Hubby and I are in a transition phase in our lives.  One that's putting us more forward and noticeable than we're used to.  It's been about a three year process.  While we're in this phase, it makes me think that because I'm more noticeable, I should be doing more things  - because - well, a full time wife, mom, teacher, small group leader (2 groups) and working on building a marriage ministry is not enough. (that's my brain talking or is it my heart)  Especially when there are needs that aren't being met. 

Soooo all that to say this.... I'm announcing to the Bloggy World and looking for accountability.

I, RhoDelta of the House of Rho, hereby state that I will focus on God. Hubby. & Kiddos.(In that order - not that I haven't been but, recommitment is needed from time to time.) 

I will meet the "duties" I'm called to do and only those.  
current "duties" are defined as:
Wife
Mother
Teacher (during the hours of 7:45-4:15.  NO WORK TAKEN HOME!), 
Small Group#1 - Co-Leader  & Small Group #2 - Co-Leader (phasing out), 
and last but certainly not least... Homemaker (which includes laundry)

Any additional duties will go up against the board of directors (God, Me, and Hubby) for discussion and consideration.

  

5 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Love ya.
Miss ya like crazy!
And you're welcome.

Anonymous said...

As it should be. Just make sure you don't neglect your coffee or spoiling of the niece and nephew duties!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have been there and I know what you are going through. Just hang in there and know that if you put God first, family 2nd and all the other things 3rd and so forth, then life will just have a way of working itself out. It's not easy, especially with all the demands of today, but somehow God gives us his strength to make everything in life happen in the order that he plans for us. Everyday claim Isaiah 41:10 and know that God will uphold you with his righteous right hand (slime and all!) Love ya

Alicia Hall said...

Welcome to the world of ministry! It's wonderful and difficult at the same time, but keep God the focus and don't worry about what other think because YOU WILL always fall short of who they think you should be. Trust me, this I KNOW! In the end, all that matters is if you were what God wanted you to be and that's his first, Michael's second, and the kiddos third.

Keep your chin up!

Joanna said...

It's hard when we've been raised to do it all. No matter where we find ourselves we're still called to train up our children.
Balance has been key. You've got some serious skills do juggle so much.