Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I have so much to type!

BUT - not enough time to type it.

We are back from the kingdom.  I've been busy whipping the kiddos back into shape.  Buggy has been the hardest.  Apparently, if you are called Princess for 3 days straight by parents and strangers you think you ARE a princess and therefore after you leave the Happiest Place on Earth, you are still commanding the family.  So, the Queen had to "reorganize" her thought process.  We are definitely NOT in the Kingdom anymore, Tink.  If I have time and energy, I'll type a play by play.  It's a big IF for right now.

Birthday Presents....
1.  My classroom looks like a flower shop!  I got roses from a co-worker (3 pink) and Hubby (6 red) and I got an orchid plant from my team.  Does anyone know how to take care of an orchid?  
2.  My kiddos got me this Super Cool Tool Box!  Notice it's Pink.  Here's the thing - Yes, I do have a tool box.  I had one before with Craftsman tools from Nana and Papa.  However, Hubby successfully "misplaced" my tools from MY toolbox into his giant one.  (What's your's is mine...blah, blah, blah)  So, in order to avoid this again.  Mine are pink and easily spotted to avoid confusion of placement when used.  Get it?
3.  Notice the phone.  It's a Handy Dandy "smart phone" with a touch screen.  It's step 82 of many attempts to keep me organized and with a calendar... Amazingly it's working.  Well the calendar part is at least.  The phone and I have creative differences.  Something about operational errors and all that jazz.  Whatever.  Now, look closely at the picture.  See anything wrong with it?  Like the right side or top 1/2 is completely jimbled and jambled?  While getting back to one of the coolest places I've ever stayed (reference to Disney vacay summary at a later date) Hubby dropped (gasp!) the camera bag.  It's contents at the time were:  My favorite digital super-fast-super-cool-super-shot camera,  My second in command hand sized much smaller digital camera, Hubby's video camera and my Handy Dandy-trying-to-get-me-organized smart phone.  All in all... the fatality was minor EXCEPT now I'm in the market for a new phone.  Or WAS.  Upon entering the town we call "HOME"  the family drove quickly to our nearest cell phone provider.  I can not be unreachable.  Something about Super Mom, Capes, and Emergencies.
Only to find out that I had 3 choices. 
  1.  Insurance claim - $95
  2. Buy new phone - $140 - $600 (not-so-smart phone to smart phone)
  3. Go to Ebay - $200-$300
Seeing as I hate the current touch screen and only use the calendar function, Option 1 though cheapest was out.  I can't feasibly spent close to $100 on something I completely hate and have to have for the remainder of my 2 year contract.

Seeing as I like the calendar function on the smart phones, Option 2 is out.  I can't pay over $300 for a phone.  I don't have $600 to spend (what can I say... I like expensive!)  Even with the Birthday money my parents sent.

So that leaves option 3.  **sigh**  
Thankfully... God, is on my side!  I found a phone.  It's beautimus!  I'm waiting patiently for it to get here.  AND... we were blessed financially through some unexpected $$$ in paychecks!  
Can I get Hip? Hip?  I need to wake up the kiddos.  Hopefully, it'll be in soon so I can take a picture for ya!

3 creams and sugars:

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... I love the pink tool box, you better be careful because Fuschia might try and take it :)

Joanna said...

Whoop, whoop! Gotta love a deal, moolah, phone, and something PINK!

Hope you had a good time.

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I waaaaas thinking rather covetously about those pink tools!

I can't wait to see your new phone. I need/want a new phone, so you'll have to let me know how it works out.