Monday, October 6, 2008

The week...

I don't know why I feel it necessary to post my week every Monday...

I guess it's my way of "ordering my week" and asking others to support me in prayer as I make it through.  This week though busy will come to a nice abrupt halt by Thursday evening.... Well... Sort of.   Read below.

Monday....... Workshop, Baseball @ 5:00 - Fuschia... as far as we know business is normal so pray for me!
Tuesday....... Work, Buggy has Soccer practice @ 5:30
Wednesday...Work, Choir Practice (kiddos), church
Thursday......Work, then off to WOMEN'S RETREAT!!!!
Friday and Saturday.... Retreating.

I've been looking forward to the retreat since the last one.  It's a wonderful time for me to reflect and look forward to the great things God has planned for me and my family.  Not to mention... it's a girl's weekend!!!!  

Wanna Giggle?!?!

Yesterday, Hubby and I had to do meet and greet.  I'm pretty good at making a fool out myself in front of people until you place a microphone in my hand.  That's when all goofy-ness flies out the window and I realize that people are paying attention to me.  Hubby.... Well, he's an awesome speaker... He just doesn't like to get up in front of people.  So here we both are...in front of the church with A microphone.  (feeling my stress?)  The microphone wigs out.  You know the squeaky squealing thing it does??!?!  So after Hubby and I move all over the stage trying to find the perfect position so it would stop..... We give our welcome spiel and a plug for our small group.   Get this.  We're on our way off the stage and say Hi to #1 and he says..... 

"Ya'll  that was great!!  Next time though, let people know who you are. :)"

Ooops!! 

2 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Well, #26, I'm sure you were great!
btw, my post today is not aimed at you!!!!!!!! Unless, you want to use it as a way to change things, then go ahead and use me ;) It was about me sharing, NOT anything else...just want to be clear.
xoxo

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

I know where you are coming from. I had to do 2nd service meet and greet with the clown of the church and that in itself is a hard task.