Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cooler Weather and Coffee Creamer.

Oh, the Bliss!!  We FINALLY have dropping temperatures in the glorious State of Sunshine!

My favorite time of year "fall" lasts all of about 3 weeks before we have the dropping numbers or worse - another giant heat wave.  

However....

I DO love the fact that Nestle doesn't care if the weather agrees with the season... they still promptly put out my favorite coffee creamer as soon as the season dictates. 
 You know the season of rushing, buying, and decorating?!?! 
 It starts with the orange and black and snack size candies at our disposal, followed by gourmet cooking and birds and pies, then runs right into the hurry up and buy grumpy shopping with sparkling decorating and lots of parties, then we start the new year and off we go for love and then a rabbit hides eggs around our house that we hope we counted correctly otherwise we'll have a surprise by fireworks?!?!
.....Boy! Did I get off topic!!!  
However...while I'm here... Is that really the seasons we celebrate?!!?  Sadly, I think we're a little too busy to realize what each "holiday" means in or out of our churches. The commercial point of view sucks us away from the learning experiences, the family laughs, and the giving of love.  I am not saying this is what every person does.  I just know I'm guilty of getting caught up in lists, dinners, and baking to really enjoy what the holiday is for and that is what is in my heart this morning.  Every holiday season I start of with the mindset of simpler...and every holiday season I'm a little closer to the point but, not enough that it counts.
Soo... I get back to what I started with..
My favorite coffee creamer... is Gingerbread - the liquid kind. 
 I wrap myself in the morning with the sweet aroma of the holidays as I sip  and memories flood back of the simpler time when I wasn't the one that had to rush, buy, or decorate.  I remember the time of sitting around with my parents and sister playing family games and looking over a room covered in love as we made time for one another and dreamed of what it would be like for my future family.  That's what I hold on to as I make my decisions for the upcoming holiday season.  Making sure that I have the time to hang out with family and friends.  Making sure it's not all about the commercial part and more about what the holiday should truly be about.... 
Love.

Was the post Random? Yeah.  It was.  No worries though.  Somebody needed it.. Even if it's just me.

3 creams and sugars:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Did I mention I literally almost shed a tear when I found my Peppermint Mocha last night? And that while I couldn't sleep last night, and am therefore up WAY early this morning - we're talking early enough to actually CALL you for a change - I am totally okay with it, cause I know my bliss in a coffee cup is waiting for me? Did I mention that?

Yeah, HEB couldn't have timed it better if they tried.

But more importantly - 3 more days!!!!!!!!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Mmmmwha!

Joanna said...

I heard everyone going on about pumpkin spice - eh. Although I found a pumpkin spice TEA that the two might be interesting.

Glad you're back no matter how random.