Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CLASH.

I met my first REAL obstacle yesterday.  It's one that could possibly last the year OR longer - IF I let it.


I have a person that I can't get along with.  We're talking under MY skin (difficult for me), nails on a chalkboard,  and I was unable to keep a smile (earth shattering).  We're talking a 6 hour Rho attitude on a 8 hour Rho.

This person crossed the line of professionalism AND just plain manners. (which of all things irks me that much more)  

We (the People of the Social Studies) -getting into the mood for Civics...Sorry-  had a 3 hour curriculum meeting regarding the first 4 weeks of school.  
Every time.  I mean. 
EVER-RY. (pause) 
SING-GUL. (pause)
 TIME. (pause, pause) 
I went to speak, THIS person interrupted me and we're talking with a one upper, a snide remark, or just plain she's right. I couldn't talk.  AT. ALL.

I almost LOST IT.  Please note.  It says almost.  That means that the Old Rho of many colorful words and VERY sharp tongue was boiling inside of me.  We're talking run and hide under tables if she's present.  Y'all, (I get more southern when I'm livid)  my department head even apologized for that person's behavior. (That could've been from a look I passed on to her but, still she even noticed.)  But, gave me instructions to explain to THIS person that I was talking or... do the "Excuse me?!" subtle hint before THE person gets out of hand...  

My explanation was...IF I were to say anything..it wouldn't have been pleasant.  (At that point, I was thinking of physical ways to squash her)  -Sorry friends... just being real here.-
I did however break a rule of my own and vented to someone other than my MIL ,who I work with.  More so about the behavior than the person.  But, I still opened my mouth. 

Sooo all that to say this.
I have another meeting with this person at 8:30 this morning.    I'm loading up on coffee with extra sugar so I can be sweet.  Not to mention spending some extra time in some Love your Neighbor verses as well as repenting for the thoughts I had yesterday.  
PRAY for me.  

3 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

This is precisely why I am not in the work place. Although, there are plenty of grumpy people around here. A down right rude one, too! But I'm working on it! :{

Joanna said...

Oh sorry about dealing with a poopy person. And right off the bat to boot. Hope things went well.

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

BTW, the grumpy, rude person at my house was me! My attitude has been sufficiently adjusted.
I put my award up today...thanks, Friend!