Monday, May 19, 2008

10 more minutes....

... is what I ask for when the alarm went off.

...is a lifetime when you're shooing kids into the car.
...is what I need with God.

I'm amazed at how quickly I hit the snooze and how "not-so-good"  my days are when I opt out of my 10 more minutes.  My  season of life allows me much longer periods during the summer when the kids are out of school than right now.  I am soooo counting down the days.  

But, I still need that stillness with God in the morning.  I e-mail myself bible verses and devos.  I have an open bible at my desk and one on hand in the kitchen.  I listen to Christian music in the car and manage to have "popcorn prayers" throughout the day.  All of this and I need 10-20-30+ more minutes.

How do you get the quiet time?

1 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Well, Girl, you know I'm a late-nighter ;-)
For me, it's reading the Word until I literally fall asleep. Then when I wake myself up enough to turn out the light, I usually am able to pray for several people until I fall asleep for good.
It's a not great system, but it's mine!