Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh... What a Beautiful Morning!!


I've been leading the life of a single parent this week...and to say that the kiddos have challenged me would be an understatement.  This morning was probably one of the monumental mornings of the week!

After spending a quiet morning listening to my iPod alarm of Praise & Worship songs while getting ready..I realize with quite a start that my Oldest didn't finish his homework due to a late baseball practice...
So, I wake him up at 6:00...By 6:40 he finally rolls out of bed starts the shower and proceeds to work on the first of many problems left for his assignment.  At 6:50, I wake up my youngest, who sleeps like the a teenager at the young age of 7.  **sigh** By 7:00 she's finally crawling out of the bed...and this is when it becomes interesting.

I decide to change my outfit for the second time, and go to pull the clean pair of jean capris off of the back of the couch. 
   
There is a spider the size of an intertube on the leg of my very clean capris... Okay.. it was the size of a silver dollar but, still he was larger than life at the early hour of 7:00 AM.  

ME -(screaming) "GET it!!"
Monster -(screaming back) "Get What?"
ME - "The spider!"
Monster - "Ummm... not so much" (Grabs Shoe and proceeds to try and aim to throw at the ENTIRE stack of clean clothes --the shoe-a-nator)
 
ME - (angry) "Buggy!!!! Get out of bed!!
Buggy - It's cold!
ME - (angry) If you put clothes on it wouldn't be cold! (fear) Get the Spider! I want to wear those!
Monster - I can't I'm afraid!
ME - Me TOO!!!
Buggy - I'm COOOOLD!!!
ME - (angry) Get dressed, Get your hair brushed, eat, We're leaving in 5 minutes!!
Monster - Moooom... Get the Spider!
ME - YOU!
Monster - I caaaaan't  I have arachniphobia!
ME - So doo I!!!!  You're younger and can recover quicker!!
***Sigh*** So much for the man of the house....
I grab the CLEAN  pants, throw them on the floor.  Then grab the shoe-a-nator and throw it at the pants....successfully smooshing the 1/2 dollar sized spider on the fourth slam.  The now dirty capris are un -wearable!  I take them back to the dungeon of laundrydom (aka garage) to be washed again.

**did you catch the Phineas and Ferb references???**


1 creams and sugars:

Fuschia said...

Of course I caught the references!! There are FAR too many spiders in your Kingdom ;)

Shout out to Mr. Delta...glad you're home to help my random friend.