Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Not looking back.

Thank you DeeDee for making boldness contagious!!!  Readers, Go here for other GREAT testimonies!


I gave my heart to God somewhere between the ages of 12 & 14.  I didn't understand the commitment until I was 23 and my first child was born.  I didn't understand the relationship and love until I was 29 and my marriage  was in trouble. 

I've struggled for two days wondering how much of my testimony I should share.  Finally, I decided to let my fingers to the talking and God would take care of the rest.  So once again I'm operating in the Faith that has saved me from so many things.  I won't go all the way to the beginning because so much has happened in my 33 years (almost 34)

In August of 2004 a sermon by our Music pastor rocked my world.  I can't say that I haven't had "the tug" numerous times, I can say that I didn't listen or follow until this particular sermon.  I was wrong in so many ways of living my life.  I was met by our current pastor's wife at the alter as we cried and prayed through the remainder of the alter call.  Hubby was working that morning, my in-laws were out of town - I was basically alone enough to be bold in what needed to happen.  

And it did happen.  A new me was formed.  One that was hungry and desperate for the Lord.  One that would seek and find.  You name it, it was me.  The newest thing was I began to listen.  (a very difficult thing for me to do)  I listened intently and followed.  A friend of mine says, I didn't just do a 180, I jumped off a cliff with both feet.

I quit my job of 9+ years - the one that carried more than half of our income.  I went back to school to be a teacher which is the calling I was placed in.  I dedicated more time to my family and more importantly my husband.  We survived and our marriage testimony is now shared as we minister to other couples.  My family never lacked for money or food.  We were blessed to have family members help us when we didn't ask.  God placed everything we needed in front of us.

I can sit and type for hours of all of the changes this has made in me and my family.  Hubby is now working on his certification to become a Pastor.  We are working together to start the marriage ministry in our church.   God is doing amazing things everyday in our lives...and not once have we looked back.  

Yes, I'm a baby Christian.  I have so much to learn!  But, I'm not letting that stop me.  If I can stop just one teen, one marriage, or one mother from the mistakes that I've made, than I've done what I was called to do.  

2 creams and sugars:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I love you, Girl! God is doing an awesome work in your life and through your life. Never allow yourself to forget that "apart from Him you can do nothing"! BUT, "you can do ALL things through Christ Who gives you strength"!!

Kim said...

What a great God we serve! Thank you for sharing what He's done/is doing in your life!