Sunday, June 1, 2008

Zumba!!

It's here!!! It's here!!!

I opened the box yesterday!  

........Of 'course I couldn't go right out and exercise because our DVD player broke while we had the Indiana Jones marathon over Memorial Day.  So... after our many parties and meeting yesterday, we went to Target and then Wal-mart to purchase a new player (unplanned but, in the budget) so that I could ZUMBA!

While at Wal-mart I celebrated the new DVD set by purchasing a new Zumba outfit!  (A girl has to be stylish...even if it's workout clothes.)  So, last night while watching Hubby hook up the new player, I was dressed and ready to Zumba.  I did the 20 minute speed workout... Just a couple of things...

#1.  I've never had more fun in my life!  Granted first workout  means I wasn't hurting so I'm sure that might wear off.
#2.  I laughed.  Seriously - LAUGHED!!! While exercising... That's how much fun I was having.  Oh... and close friends--  We all know how Queen Rho feels about sweating, glistening, or whatever word is proper.  I, Queen Rho, not only laughed hysterically while EXERCISING.... I was also SWEATING!  No other prissy word would do.  
#3.  I am not as cute as the size  zero instructors that are on the tv.  I certainly can not move like they do.. and perhaps that's why I was laughing sooo hard.  However... if I end up with an inkling of abs like the size zero instructors it is worth it!

I've completed 2 workouts.  The 20 minute one yesterday and the cardio party today.  Tomorrow is the Toning and Abs DVDs.  Wish me luck!!!

0 creams and sugars: