Monday, June 9, 2008

Mixed Feelings.

Today is one of those milestone days.  The ones that you look forward to and don't look forward to at the same time.  

(enter wailing trumpet at slow speed)

Both of my children are leaving for Church Camp this morning at 10.

My baby is old enough this year.  Not to mention she'll turn 7 tomorrow.  So, we'll be missing her birthday.  I've got a mini party planned and I made sure that EVERYONE knows it'll be her birthday.  

I just don't know where all the time has gone.

That actually goes for both of my children.  My oldest reaches double digits this year.  I almost broke down when we had to start buying hygiene products and face wash.

***sad sigh***

On the other hand.......

(cue calypso type music)

Hubby and I have 5 days, 4 nights together! -ALONE-  It's like a cruise without water and we don't have to deal with soft pillows!!!  Granted there's no cabana boys or cabin stewards to grant our every need...but, STILL!!

(fading of music)
See where the problem is??!?!  Am I seeing a glimpse of the future as my children are old enough on their own?  I know I've already typed this but...... I don't know where the time has gone.  We really do only have our children for a short time.  Treasure every laugh, giggle, and argument.  

I need to get ready to get the kiddos ready.

0 creams and sugars: