Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bugisms and Funnies...

We had a great dinner last night with some friends celebrating a birthday.  Here are some of the conversations.  Humor brought to you courtesy of the House of Rho.


Buggy:  I don't like this.
Me:  You ordered it.  You eat it.
Buggy:  I don't like this.  It's not good!
Grandaddy:  (Whisper, Whisper, Whisper) 
Buggy quickly picks up the eating utensil and shoves food she doesn't like and isn't good into her mouth.
Rho gives Grandaddy a puzzled look.
Grandaddy:  I just told Buggy that I'd take her on another boat ride if she finished her dinner.
Me:  Buggy?  Is it good now?
Buggy: .. for a boat ride it is!!!

Background - This girl is citified.  I've never thought about hunting nor do I claim to have any knowledge of the sport.

PK:  You really need 4-5 trucks for dog hunting.  It's cruel but, fun.
Me:  What do you do?  Run over them???
(That's sooo not the case after the table had a good giggle)

Last but not least.....
After sharing a very good friend's 37th birthday.... I couldn't figure out why my math wasn't working out.  I KNOW that she and I are close in age but, for whatever reason what I THOUGHT my age was and versus what I KNEW her age is were not in the mathematical scheme of being remotely close.  So my friends... I'm sad to say, last night as I was driving and doing the math of subtracting my birth year from 2009..... 
I gained 1.5 YEARS in age!!!  -----MY birthday isn't until SEPTEMBER!!!  
I seriously considered calling the Hair Goddess for an emergency appointment!

**Random Thought**
I and some friends are working simultaneously and individually (Think it out) on the Beth Moore study of Esther.  Bloggy Buddies... I can not tell you how good this is!!!  
When you have the time.... Search it out and DO IT!  



2 creams and sugars:

Fuschia said...

Thanks for the funnies!

You're only as old as you feel...that could be good, could be bad ;)

We need to talk Esther!

Alicia Hall said...

Holy cow we did have some funny moments last night. I do believe the deer hunting one tops my list.